Create Your Own Engaging Event Using A Night in Jail and Drama Therapy!
1.) USE ANY ADAPTATION OF A NIGHT IN JAIL
Then follow the dramatic presentation with an evidence-based discussion using our free Educational Toolkit
- Watch the 18-minute short film
- Put on a performance of the 75-minute One Act Play or the 15-minute One Act Play
- Read passages from the book
2.) HAVE YOUR GROUP CREATE THEIR OWN PERFORMANCES UTILIZING THEMES FROM A NIGHT IN JAIL
Then follow the dramatic portion with an evidence-based discussion using our free Educational Toolkit
- Improvisation (led by a Drama Teacher or Educator who uses improv as a teaching mechanism)*
- Skit Writing & Performing
- Shorts Film Festival (with teen-made movies filmed on their phones)
Scenario Ideas for Skits/Improv/Films and Discussion Prompts:
Discuss: what are the specific pressures a person experiences on Social Media (as opposed to in-person)?
Extra credit: How do celebrities encourage and normalize drug use on Social Media? Do they have a financial incentive to get young people using?
Danny's best friend, Steve, got his supply of pot from his older brother. His older brother got his drugs from their father. Today, many parents consider weed to be a harmless substance. Many consider it to be medicine. Create a scene where a parent, or the parent of a friend, offers weed to a teen.
Whatever choice suits your group best, your audience will have lots of questions--which is great! A Night In Jail Toolkit has the answers which are based on scientific evidence. Download our Toolkit to hold your own lively Q and A.